In this Issue...
Recent Resource Centers
Corporate Training Seminars
New! Adobe® Flex™ Resource Center
To sponsor a
Deitel Resource Center,
Welcome to the Adobe® Flex™ Resource Center
. Adobe Flex 2 is a rich Internet application (RIA) framework that allows you to create scalable, cross-platform, multimedia-rich applications for delivery within the enterprise or across the Internet. Start your search here for resources, downloads, tutorials, documentation, books, e-books, articles, blogs and more that will help you develop Apex applications. In the Adobe Flex Resource Center
you'll find links to:
- The "Adobe® Flex™ 2: Technical White Paper," from Adobe.
- The tutorial, "Rich Internet Applications: An Introduction to Adobe Flex and PHP," by Mike Potter.
- The tutorial, "Flex Quick Starts: Building a Simple User Interface," from Adobe.
- A product overview of the Flex™ 2 application development software for creating and delivering rich Internet applications (RIAs) features.
- The Flex Developer Center, where developers can learn the basic concepts of Flex and how to code tasks.
- The Adobe Flex 2 Developer Examination Preparation Guide.
- The Flex.org developers group for developers working with Adobe Flex Builder 2, Flex Data Services 2, and the Flex 2 SDK.
- The article, "Rich Internet Applications with Adobe Flex 2 and Java," by Victor Vasputnis, Yakov Fain and Anatole Tartakovsky.
- The article, "Rich Internet Applications: Introduction to Adobe Flex and PHP," by Mike Potter.
- The article, "Getting Started with Adobe Flex 2," by Jeffry Houser.
- Adobe Flex freeware and shareware including Flex Wares, Flex FX and FLEXible.
- The "Flex Show" podcasts, hosted by Jeff Houser and Ryan Stewart.
- Flex Developer Derby Winners—applications developed using Adobe Flex Builder 2.
- The eBook: Adobe Flex 2: Training from the Source, by Jeff Tapper, Matt Boles, Ben Elmore and Mike Labriola.
- A complete list of Adobe Flex blogs from the Adobe web site.
- The FlexManiacs 2007 conference in Washington, DC.
- The white Paper: "Flex Application Performance: Tips and Techniques for Improving Client Application and Server Performance," by Brandon Purcell and Deepa Subramanian.
- A series of Flex training videos with James Talbot from Total Training.
- Adobe Flex books, tutorials, forums and user groups, FAQs, jobs and more.
- Check out the following related Deitel Resource Centers:
Let us know what other Resource Centers you'd like to see!
Looking for Training for Your Company?
Check Out Deitel Dive Into® Series Corporate Training
Corporations and government organizations hire Deitel & Associates, Inc. for expert training delivered to groups at customer sites worldwide. Our courses include C#, Java, C++, C, Visual Basic, Internet & Web technologies, OOAD, XML, Database, Ruby, UNIX, Perl, Python, Visual C++ and many more! View our complete list of course offerings or contact us to inquire about Deitel Dive Into® Series Corporate Training.
Deitel Honors Internship Program
Summer Internship and Co-Op Opportunities in the Boston Area
Learn the latest technologies while gaining hands-on development experience! Deitel & Associates, Inc. is the world's top programming-language textbook authoring organization, and we are launching many new Web 2.0 Internet business ventures.
Work with leading-edge technologies including:
||JavaServer Faces (JSF)
|Ruby on Rails
||Visual Basic 2005
||Visual C# 2005
||Web App Development
Interns will work on our upcoming Prentice-Hall textbooks and professional books and/or our new Web 2.0 Internet business ventures.
Please email your cover letter and resume to
Abbey Deitel, President
Phone: (978) 823-0130
For more information about Deitel & Associates, Inc., visit www.deitel.com
Deitel & Associates, Inc. is located in the Boston suburb of Maynard, Massachusetts. Interns must have a car as we are not easily accessible via public transportation.
Information for Instructors Teaching from Our Books
We offer many publications across several programming book series, including the How to Program Series, Simply Series, Deitel Developer Series and Operating Systems.
Our Prentice Hall textbooks and professional books cover a broad range of programming languages and computer science topics. Contact us if you have questions about any of our publications or ancillaries.
Additional Information for Instructors
Downloads for all books
Locate your Prentice Hall representative to request examination copies.
Instructor ancillaries (available only to instructors who adopt our books for their classes).
Corporate Training Courses Delivered at Organizations Worldwide
Corporations, government organizations and the military hire Deitel & Associates, Inc. for expert training delivered at customer sites worldwide. Contact us to inquire about Deitel Dive Into® Series Corporate Training.
View our Courses | Training Clients | Contact Us
We offer a wide range of courses. Many of the links below provide you with a full course outline. Each course can be customized to your needs. For more information, please click the course link. That will open an e-mail—please tell us the following:
- Contact information (your name, company name, email and/or phone number)
- Number of students
- Your location
- When you need the training
- Background of the students
Recent Deitel Publications
- If you have questions or suggestions regarding
our products, publications, corporate training or the Deitel Buzz Online,
please e-mail us
at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond promptly.
- For Cyber Classroom and Complete Training Course Technical Support,
please contact Pearson Technical Support at: email@example.com, phone: 800-677-6337, Hours: 8AM
to 5PM CST, Monday through Friday.
© 1992-2007 by Deitel & Associates,
Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Deitel & Associates, Inc.,
5 Clock Tower Place, Suite 450,
Maynard, MA 01754, (P) 978-823-0130