|Visual C++ Resource Center|
Welcome to the Microsoft Visual C Resource Center. Microsoft Visual C is part of the Microsoft Visual Studio .NET IDE. The next version—Visual Studio code name “Orcas” allows you to create secure, manageable applications quickly and easily. The new key features include improved developer productivity, software development life cycle manageability, security, design, web applications development, and more. Plus, developers using Visual Studio (code name “Orcas”) Professional Edition will be able to customize any Office application. Start your search here for Visual C .NET and Visual C Orcas resources, including articles, tutorials, plugins, training courses, forums, FAQs, books, eBooks, sample chapters, jobs and more. In the Visual C Resource Center you’ll find links to:
- “Visual C Walkthrough” tutorials from Microsoft including “Using the Visual Studio IDE,” “Creating a Windows Forms Control,” “Creating and Using a Managed Assembly,” “Creating an XML Web Service Using C and the CLR,” “Accessing an XML Web Service Using C ,” and “Accessing an XML Web Service Using C and the CLR.”
- The sample chapter, “Introduction to Visual C .NET,” from Microsoft Visual C .NET Language Reference, by Microsoft.
- The video, “Visual C Today and Tomorrow,” with Steve Teixeira and Bill Dunlap of Microsoft.
- Numerous Visual C sample applications from Microsoft.
- Microsoft’s walkthroughs of the features of Visual C 2005.
- Numerous Visual C code samples from Microsoft including 48 ATL (Active Template Library) samples, 9 Compiler COM Support samples, 3 extensibility samples, 3 interoperability samples, 5 MASM (Microsoft Macro Assembler) samples, and 59 MFC samples.
- Microsoft’s Visual Studio (code name Orcas) resource site.
- Microsoft’s Visual C in Visual Studio (Orcas) forum.
- The whitepaper, “An Overview of Visual Studio (code name Orcas),” by Tony Goodhew.
- Visual C downloads including Visual Sidekick from Syntaxia Technologies—a Visual Studio C add-in for improving C and C# developer efficiency.
- The Code Project—a community for Visual Studio .NET developers where you can learn, teach others, and share source code.
- The Microsoft CodeWise Community—a source of tips, code samples, advice and news from experts on the Microsoft .NET Framework and Visual Studio.
- The Microsoft Visual C Team blog.
- The blog entry, “Resource Editor Updates for Orcas,” by Bogdan Mihalcea of the Microsoft Visual C IDE team developer.
- The webcast, “Back to Basics: Using Microsoft Visual C .NET to Write Basic C and C Code,” by Zach Kramer of the Microsoft Visual C Developer Support team.
- Deitel instructor-led Visual C training courses.
- A series of four instructional videos on Visual C 2005 from Microsoft.
- The Visual Studio® Developer newsletter from Pinnacle Publications.
- The National Computer Science Academy’s free Visual C certification exam.
- Microsoft Visual C FAQs, forums, jobs, training courses, videos, and books.
- And more …