Welcome to the PHP Resource Center. PHP is a popular scripting language that was originally designed to program dynamic Web pages. Its most popular use is for server-side scripting, but PHP is also used for command-line scripting and for writing desktop applications. Our PHP Resource Center focuses on the enormous amount of free PHP content available online. Start your search here for resources, downloads, tutorials, documentation, books, e-books, journals, articles, blogs and more that will help you discover a world of PHP applications and develop your own. In the PHP Resource Center you'll find links to:
- Blogs from prominent developers in the PHP community including Andi Gutman, co-founder of Zend Technologies and architect of the Zend Engine.
- The PHP Builder code library that includes algorithms, databases, calendars, graphics, file management, math functions, networking and more.
- A recommended PHP reading list for beginning PHP programmers.
- The Zend Technologies' PHP 5 InfoCenter.
- Hundreds of PHP scripts for audio management, guestbooks, link management, chat, calendars, content retrieval, file management, searching and more.
- PHP 101—a 15-part tutorial for PHP beginners.
- The article, "PHP Gotchas!" that discusses common PHP programming mistakes, causes and solutions.
- The article, "Five Habits of Highly Effective PHP Programmers."
- The article, "10 Tips That Every PHP Newbie Should Know."
- The article, "Top 7 PHP Security Blunders."
- PHP frameworks including Symfony, CakePHP, Seagull and more.
- The PHP Object Generator (POG)—an open-source PHP code generator.
- PHP conferences including PHP Conference UK, PHP/Tek, PHP Quebec and more.
- A series of PHP video tutorials on YouTube.
- PHP training, certification programs, tutorials, books, sample chapters, newsgroups, and course syllabi.
- PHP programming jobs in your area, from Indeed.com.