About Deitel & Associates, Inc.
Opportunities for Contract Trainers
Deitel Gear at CafePress.com
Course Catalog and Pricing
C Programming Curriculum Overview
CPlusPlus Programming Curriculum Overview
Java Programming Curriculum Overview
Internet & Web Programming Curriculum Overview
iOS 6 App Development
Visual Basic Programming Curriculum Overview
Visual C# Programming Curriculum Overview
Visual C++ Programming Curriculum Overview
Self-Paced Training (DVD/Online)
LiveLessons Video-Based Training
Swift for Programmers
Swift and iOS 8 Academic Bundle
Android 6 for Programmers: An App-Driven Approach
Android How to Program, 3/e
Android for Programmers, 2/e
Android How to Program, 2/e
Android for Programmers
Android How to Program
C How to Program, 8/e
C How to Program, 7/e
C for Programmers with an Introduction to C11
C How to Program, 6/e
C How to Program, 5/e
C How to Program, 4/e
C++ How to Program, 10/e
C++ How to Program, 9/e
C++11 for Programmers, 2/e
C++ for Programmers
C++ How to Program, 8/e, Early Objects Version
C++ How to Program, 7/e
C++ How to Program, Late Objects Version, 7/e
C++ How to Program, 6/e
Visual C++ 2008 How to Program, Second Edition
Small C++ How to Program, 5/e
Simply C++, 1/e
C++ How to Program, 5/e
C++ How to Program, 4/e
The Complete C++ Training Course, 4/e
C++ In the Lab, 4/e
C++ How to Program, 3/e
The Complete C++ Training Course, 3/e
C++ In the Lab, 3/e
C++ How to Program, 2/e
The Complete C++ Training Course, 2/e
Visual C++ .NET A Managed Code Approach, 1/e
Getting Started with Visual C++ 6, 1/e
Visual C++ .NET How to Program, 1/e
Visual C# How to Program, 6/e
C# 6 for Programmers, Sixth Edition
Visual C# 2012 How to Program
C# 2012 for Programmers
Visual C# 2010 How to Program
C# 2010 for Programmers, 4/e
Visual C# 2008 How to Program, 3/e
C# 2008 for Programmers, 3/e
Visual C# 2005 How to Program, 2/e
C# For Programmers, 2/e
Simply C#, 1/e
Internet & World Wide Web How to Program, 5/e
Internet & World Wide Web How to Program, 4/e
Ajax, RIAs and Web Development for Programmers
Internet & World Wide Web How to Program, 3/e
Perl How to Program, 1/e
Python How to Program, 1/e
Web Services A Technical Introduction, 1/e
Internet & World Wide Web How to Program, 2/e
Internet & World Wide Web How to Program, 1/e
Wireless Internet & Mobile Business Training, 1/e
e-Business & e-Commerce Training Course, 1/e
Wireless Internet & Mobile Business How to Program
e-Business & e-Commerce How to Program, 1/e
e-Business & e-Commerce for Managers, 1/e
iOS 8 for Programmers
Dive Into iOS 6: An App-Driven Approach
iPhone for Programmers: An-App Driven Approach
Java 9 Changes
Installing JDK 9 Developer Preview
Java How to Program, 11/e
Java 9 for Programmers
Java How to Program, Late Objects Version, 11/e
Java How to Program, 10/e (Early Objects)
REVEL for Deitel Java
Java How to Program, 10/e, Late Objects Version
Java SE 8 for Programmers, 3/e
Java How to Program, 9/e, Early Objects Version
Java for Programmers, 2/e
Java How to Program, 8/e, Early Objects Version
Java How to Program, 8/e, Late Objects Version
Java for Programmers
Java How to Program, 7/e
Java How to Program, 6/e
Simply Java Programming, 1/e
Small Java How to Program, 6/e
Operating Systems, 3/e
Visual Basic 2010 How to Program
Visual Basic 2012 How to Program
Simply Visual Basic 2010
Visual Basic 2008 How to Program
Simply Visual Basic 2008, 3/e
CourseSmart Online Books for College Courses
Web 2 eBook
Dive Into Web 2.0 eBook Overview
Objectives and Outline
What Is Web 2.0
Rich Internet Applications (RIA)
Web Services, Mashups, Widgets, Gadgets
XML, RSS, Atom, JSON and VoIP
Web 2.0 Monetization Models
Web 2.0 Business Models
Future of the Web
Where to Go for More Web 2.0 Information
Web 2.0 Bibliography
Web 2.0 Glossary
About Internet & World Wide Web How to Program
How to Program vs. for Programmers Books
Subscribe to the Deitel Buzz Online Newsletter
Free tutorials and articles
| Resource Centers >> Programming >> Microsoft LINQ
|Microsoft LINQ Resource Center|
Welcome to the Microsoft LINQ Resource Center. LINQ (Language-Integrated Query) is a general purpose querying capability that is built into the Visual Studio 2008 versions of Visual Basic and C#, and supported by enhancements to the .NET Framework. LINQ enables programmers to work with both in-memory data (such as collections) and external data (such as databases) using a uniform syntax. LINQ also benefits from compile-time type checking, static typing and Intellisense to enable programmers to write robust data-driven applications. Start your search here for the latest LINQ articles, tools, tutorials, videos, forums, blogs and more. In the Microsoft LINQ Resource Center, you'll find links to:
- The sample chapter, “Introducing LINQ,” from LINQ in Action, by Fabrice Marquerie, Steve Eichert, and Jim Wooley.
- "Introducing the Entity Framework and LINQ," by Roger Jennings.
- The tutorial, "Learn The Basics Of LINQ," by Timothy Khouri.
- The book, Introducing Microsoft LINQ, by Paolo Pialorsi and Marco Russo.
- The LINQ Project page from MSDN where you’ll find an overview of the LINQ Project and more.
- 101 LINQ samples from MSDN.
- LINQ download information from Microsoft.
- The video, "Visual Studio: The .NET Language Integrate Query (LINQ) Framework Overview," with Anders Hejlsberg (chief architect of the C# language) from MSDN's ShOwtime!
- "The Evolution of LINQ and Its Impact On the Design of C#," by Anson Horton.
- The MSDN Webcast, “The .NET Language Integrated Query (LINQ) Framework,” presented by Luca Bolognese, lead program manager for the Microsoft C# team and LINQ Project.
- The tutorial, "Visual Basic LINQ Hands on Labs for Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2," from Microsoft.
- The webcast, “Live from Redmond: Visual Basic 9—Deep Dive into LINQ,” presented by Amanda Silver (program manager on the Microsoft Visual Basic team).
- The MSDN Webcast, “Framework Masterclass: LINQ to XML,” presented by Mike Benkovich (a MSDN Developer Evangelist).
- The article, “.NET Language-Integrated Query for XML,” by Michael Champion.
- The article, “LINQ to SQL: .NET Language-Integrated Query for Relational Data,” by Dinesh Kulkarni, Luca Bolognese, Matt Warren, Anders Hejlsberg, and Kit George.
- The tutorial, “Create Many-to-Many Relationships in LINQ for SQL,” by Galin Iliev.
- A series of LINQ videos from the Microsoft MIX07 Conference.
- The Blinq Prototype tool.
- Microsoft LINQ blogs, tutorials, webcasts and videos, books, FAQs and forums.
- ...And more