|Microsoft LINQ Resource Center|
Welcome to the Microsoft LINQ Resource Center. LINQ (Language-Integrated Query) is a general purpose querying capability that is built into the Visual Studio 2008 versions of Visual Basic and C#, and supported by enhancements to the .NET Framework. LINQ enables programmers to work with both in-memory data (such as collections) and external data (such as databases) using a uniform syntax. LINQ also benefits from compile-time type checking, static typing and Intellisense to enable programmers to write robust data-driven applications. Start your search here for the latest LINQ articles, tools, tutorials, videos, forums, blogs and more. In the Microsoft LINQ Resource Center, you'll find links to:
- The sample chapter, “Introducing LINQ,” from LINQ in Action, by Fabrice Marquerie, Steve Eichert, and Jim Wooley.
- "Introducing the Entity Framework and LINQ," by Roger Jennings.
- The tutorial, "Learn The Basics Of LINQ," by Timothy Khouri.
- The book, Introducing Microsoft LINQ, by Paolo Pialorsi and Marco Russo.
- The LINQ Project page from MSDN where you’ll find an overview of the LINQ Project and more.
- 101 LINQ samples from MSDN.
- LINQ download information from Microsoft.
- The video, "Visual Studio: The .NET Language Integrate Query (LINQ) Framework Overview," with Anders Hejlsberg (chief architect of the C# language) from MSDN's ShOwtime!
- "The Evolution of LINQ and Its Impact On the Design of C#," by Anson Horton.
- The MSDN Webcast, “The .NET Language Integrated Query (LINQ) Framework,” presented by Luca Bolognese, lead program manager for the Microsoft C# team and LINQ Project.
- The tutorial, "Visual Basic LINQ Hands on Labs for Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2," from Microsoft.
- The webcast, “Live from Redmond: Visual Basic 9—Deep Dive into LINQ,” presented by Amanda Silver (program manager on the Microsoft Visual Basic team).
- The MSDN Webcast, “Framework Masterclass: LINQ to XML,” presented by Mike Benkovich (a MSDN Developer Evangelist).
- The article, “.NET Language-Integrated Query for XML,” by Michael Champion.
- The article, “LINQ to SQL: .NET Language-Integrated Query for Relational Data,” by Dinesh Kulkarni, Luca Bolognese, Matt Warren, Anders Hejlsberg, and Kit George.
- The tutorial, “Create Many-to-Many Relationships in LINQ for SQL,” by Galin Iliev.
- A series of LINQ videos from the Microsoft MIX07 Conference.
- The Blinq Prototype tool.
- Microsoft LINQ blogs, tutorials, webcasts and videos, books, FAQs and forums.
- ...And more