About Deitel & Associates, Inc.
Opportunities for Contract Trainers
Deitel Gear at CafePress.com
Course Catalog and Pricing
C Programming Curriculum Overview
CPlusPlus Programming Curriculum Overview
Java Programming Curriculum Overview
Internet & Web Programming Curriculum Overview
iOS 6 App Development
Visual Basic Programming Curriculum Overview
Visual C# Programming Curriculum Overview
Visual C++ Programming Curriculum Overview
Self-Paced Training (DVD/Online)
LiveLessons Video-Based Training
Swift for Programmers
Swift and iOS 8 Academic Bundle
Android 6 for Programmers: An App-Driven Approach
Android How to Program, 3/e
Android for Programmers, 2/e
Android How to Program, 2/e
Android for Programmers
Android How to Program
C How to Program, 8/e
C How to Program, 7/e
C for Programmers with an Introduction to C11
C How to Program, 6/e
C How to Program, 5/e
C How to Program, 4/e
C++ How to Program, 10/e
C++ How to Program, 9/e
C++11 for Programmers, 2/e
C++ for Programmers
C++ How to Program, 8/e, Early Objects Version
C++ How to Program, 7/e
C++ How to Program, Late Objects Version, 7/e
C++ How to Program, 6/e
Visual C++ 2008 How to Program, Second Edition
Small C++ How to Program, 5/e
Simply C++, 1/e
C++ How to Program, 5/e
C++ How to Program, 4/e
The Complete C++ Training Course, 4/e
C++ In the Lab, 4/e
C++ How to Program, 3/e
The Complete C++ Training Course, 3/e
C++ In the Lab, 3/e
C++ How to Program, 2/e
The Complete C++ Training Course, 2/e
Visual C++ .NET A Managed Code Approach, 1/e
Getting Started with Visual C++ 6, 1/e
Visual C++ .NET How to Program, 1/e
Visual C# How to Program, 6/e
C# 6 for Programmers, Sixth Edition
Visual C# 2012 How to Program
C# 2012 for Programmers
Visual C# 2010 How to Program
C# 2010 for Programmers, 4/e
Visual C# 2008 How to Program, 3/e
C# 2008 for Programmers, 3/e
Visual C# 2005 How to Program, 2/e
C# For Programmers, 2/e
Simply C#, 1/e
Internet & World Wide Web How to Program, 5/e
Internet & World Wide Web How to Program, 4/e
Ajax, RIAs and Web Development for Programmers
Internet & World Wide Web How to Program, 3/e
Perl How to Program, 1/e
Python How to Program, 1/e
Web Services A Technical Introduction, 1/e
Internet & World Wide Web How to Program, 2/e
Internet & World Wide Web How to Program, 1/e
Wireless Internet & Mobile Business Training, 1/e
e-Business & e-Commerce Training Course, 1/e
Wireless Internet & Mobile Business How to Program
e-Business & e-Commerce How to Program, 1/e
e-Business & e-Commerce for Managers, 1/e
iOS 8 for Programmers
Dive Into iOS 6: An App-Driven Approach
iPhone for Programmers: An-App Driven Approach
Java How to Program, 11/e
Java How to Program, Late Objects Version, 11/e
Java How to Program, 10/e (Early Objects)
REVEL for Deitel Java
Java How to Program, 10/e, Late Objects Version
Java SE 8 for Programmers, 3/e
Java How to Program, 9/e, Early Objects Version
Java for Programmers, 2/e
Java How to Program, 8/e, Early Objects Version
Java How to Program, 8/e, Late Objects Version
Java for Programmers
Java How to Program, 7/e
Java How to Program, 6/e
Simply Java Programming, 1/e
Small Java How to Program, 6/e
Operating Systems, 3/e
Visual Basic 2010 How to Program
Visual Basic 2012 How to Program
Simply Visual Basic 2010
Visual Basic 2008 How to Program
Simply Visual Basic 2008, 3/e
CourseSmart Online Books for College Courses
Web 2 eBook
Dive Into Web 2.0 eBook Overview
Objectives and Outline
What Is Web 2.0
Rich Internet Applications (RIA)
Web Services, Mashups, Widgets, Gadgets
XML, RSS, Atom, JSON and VoIP
Web 2.0 Monetization Models
Web 2.0 Business Models
Future of the Web
Where to Go for More Web 2.0 Information
Web 2.0 Bibliography
Web 2.0 Glossary
About Internet & World Wide Web How to Program
How to Program vs. for Programmers Books
Subscribe to the Deitel Buzz Online Newsletter
Free tutorials and articles
| Resource Centers >> Programming >> Java Certification and Assessment Testing
|Java Certification and Assessment Testing Resource Center|
Welcome to the Java Certification and Assessment Testing Resource Center. There are many benefits to becoming Sun certified at the various levels for Java technology. It can create more opportunity as you look for a new job, increase your salary potential, make you eligible for a promotion or other project assignments at your current job, and more. It can also help you pace your own career and give you a sense of achievement. In the Java Certification and Assessment Testing Resource Center you'll find:
- The blog entry, "Does Java Certification Matter?" by Eric M. Burke, that discusses whether it is necessary to become a certified programmer.
- The article entitled, "Sitting for the Sun Java Certification Exams," by David Reilly, that discusses how to become Sun certified, what the certification exams involve, how to prepare for the exams, and what guides are available.
- The article entitled, "Becoming a Sun Certified Programmer for Java," by Vikram S. Discusses the exam, the exam objectives, recommended readings, tutorials, and practice exams.
- A chart that outlines the levels of Java certification including the Sun Certified Java Associate (SCJA), Sun Certified Java Programmer (SCJP), Sun Certified Java Developer (SCJD), Sun Certified Web Component Developer (SCWCD), Sun Certified Business Component Developer (SCBCD), Sun Certified Developer for Java Web Services (SCDJWS), and the Sun Certified Mobile Application Developer (SCMAD). You'll also find links to each exam where you can find more detailed information.
- The Sun Certification FAQ that lists the various Java certifications, suggested books, the differences between the different Java certifications, types of questions on the exams, how to prepare for the exams, information on taking the exams and more.
- The Whizlabs Java certification review exams that include tests, questions with detailed answers, tips and tricks, common pitfalls and more.
- Free practice exams for the Sun Certified Java Associate, Sun Certified Java Programmer, and Sun Certified Developer for Java Web Services certifications.
- Free study guides and tutorials that will help you prepare for the Sun Certified Java Programmer, Sun Certified Web Component Developer, Sun Certified Developer for Java Web Services, and Sun Certified Business Component Developer exams.
- The JCertify interactive Java learning product that prepares programmers for the Sun Certified Java Programmer's exam.
- Instructor-led training courses from Sun, Deitel and others that will help you prepare for the Sun Java certification exams.
- A fee-based, self-paced training course for preparing to take the Sun Certified Java Programmer exam.
- EPractize Labs Java skills assessment tools that can be used to test the skills of potential employees, or for programmers to prepare for Sun certification exams. Their products test for knowledge in object-oriented programming, core Java programming, J2EE Web component development, J2EE business component development, and Java/J2EE design.
- JavaBlackBelt.com—a community for Java and open source skills assessment. Programmers can earn different colored belts as they pass each level of assessment. The community contributes test questions, feedback and resources to study for each level of assessment.
- TCExam—a free, open source assessment tool that allows you to create, schedule and administer surveys, quizzes and exams.
- Java certification newsgroups and forums where you can post questions about the certification exams and receive answers and recommendations.
- Jobs for Java certified programmers.
- Java certification books and sample chapters.
|Related Resource Centers|