Welcome to the Flash 9® Resource Center. The Adobe® Flash Player is a multimedia player and a client runtime that is compatible across various operating systems, browsers, mobile devices and other platforms. Flash Player 9, the latest version of this product, has many new and advanced features, including high-quality video, enhanced security—and it is about 10 times faster than its prior version. The Flash Player 9 uses ActionScript™ 3.0—a scripting language that allows Flash Player to be richly interactive. Flash has also been successfully incorporated into mobile devices using Flash Lite™, a platform for running Rich Internet Applications. Start your search here for Flash resources, such as demos, videos, articles, tutorials, downloads, books, blogs and more. In the Flash 9 Resource Center, you’ll find links to:
- An interactive demo that displays the new features in Flash Player 9.
- The tutorial, "Beginners Guide to Getting Started with ActionScript 3 (Without Learning Flex)," by Senocular.com.
- The sample chapter, “Macromedia and Adobe Flash: An Overview,” from Foundation Flash Applications for Mobile Devices, by de Boer, Janousek and Leggett.
- The Open Source Flash community where developers and users contribute to open source Flash projects.
- The white paper, “Delivering Enterprise Applications, Content, and Communications with the Flash® Platform,” by Vikrant Karvir.
- The white paper “Adobe Flash Player 9 Security,” from Adobe Systems, that examines the security features of Flash Player 9.
- A complete listing of all Adobe eSeminars on the Adobe website.
- The article “Flash Player 9 for Linux Arrives, Looks Great,” by Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols.
- The tutorial, “Exploring the Flash Professional 9 ActionScript 3.0 Preview,” by Jen deHaan, on writing ActionScript 3.0 for Flash.
- The book, Adobe Flash CS3 Professional On Demand, by Andy Anderson and Steve Johnson.
- The syllabus for a course at University of Southern California, which teaches how to create online applications using Adobe Flash 9 Player and Adobe Flex 2.
- An ActionScript 3.0 and Flash Player 9 forum.
- The Flash Blog, which explains how audio data can be read in at runtime using Flash Player 9.
- A blog by Ryan Stewart, a Rich Internet Application (RIA) developer, in which he interviews Mike Melanson, the lead engineer on the Linux Flash Player team.
- Articles, white papers, tutorials and licensing information from the Flash Player Developer Center.
- Free CS3 podcast seminars on iTunes.
- Information about Adobe Flash Lite, which incorporates Rich Internet Applications in mobile devices.
- The article, “Exploring Full-Screen Mode in Flash Player 9,” by Tracy Stampfli.
- Software that helps create animations, websites, interactive applications, and can import existing Flash clips as well as add ActionScript code.
- Downloads, demos, webcasts, blogs, videos, tutorials and sample chapters.
- And more …