About Deitel & Associates, Inc.
Opportunities for Contract Trainers
Deitel Gear at CafePress.com
Course Catalog and Pricing
GSA Course Catalog and Pricing
C Programming Curriculum Overview
CPlusPlus Programming Curriculum Overview
Java Programming Curriculum Overview
Internet & Web Programming Curriculum Overview
iOS 6 App Development
Visual Basic Programming Curriculum Overview
Visual C# Programming Curriculum Overview
Visual C++ Programming Curriculum Overview
Self-Paced Training (DVD/Online)
Deitel LiveLessons Discounts on Udemy.com
LiveLessons Video-Based Training
Android for Programmers
Android How to Program
C How to Program, 7/e
C for Programmers with an Introduction to C11
C How to Program, 6/e
C How to Program, 5/e
C How to Program, 3/e
C How to Program, 2/e
C How to Program, 4/e
C++ How to Program, 9/e
C++11 for Programmers, 2/e
C++ for Programmers
C++ How to Program, 8/e, Early Objects Version
C++ How to Program, 7/e
C++ How to Program, Late Objects Version, 7/e
C++ How to Program, 6/e
Visual C++ 2008 How to Program, Second Edition
Small C++ How to Program, 5/e
Simply C++, 1/e
C++ How to Program, 5/e
C++ How to Program, 4/e
The Complete C++ Training Course, 4/e
C++ In the Lab, 4/e
C++ How to Program, 3/e
The Complete C++ Training Course, 3/e
C++ In the Lab, 3/e
C++ How to Program, 2/e
The Complete C++ Training Course, 2/e
Visual C++ .NET A Managed Code Approach, 1/e
Getting Started with Visual C++ 6, 1/e
Visual C++ .NET How to Program, 1/e
Visual C# 2012 How to Program
C# 2012 for Programmers
Visual C# 2010 How to Program
C# 2010 for Programmers, 4/e
Visual C# 2008 How to Program, 3/e
C# 2008 for Programmers, 3/e
Visual C# 2005 How to Program, 2/e
C# For Programmers, 2/e
Simply C#, 1/e
C# A Programmer's Introduction, 1/e
C# for Experienced Programmers, 1/e
C# How to Program, 1/e
Internet & World Wide Web How to Program, 5/e
Internet & World Wide Web How to Program, 4/e
Ajax, RIAs and Web Development for Programmers
Internet & World Wide Web How to Program, 3/e
Perl How to Program, 1/e
Python How to Program, 1/e
Web Services A Technical Introduction, 1/e
Internet & World Wide Web How to Program, 2/e
Internet & World Wide Web How to Program, 1/e
Wireless Internet & Mobile Business Training, 1/e
e-Business & e-Commerce Training Course, 1/e
Wireless Internet & Mobile Business How to Program
e-Business & e-Commerce How to Program, 1/e
e-Business & e-Commerce for Managers, 1/e
iPhone for Programmers: An-App Driven Approach
iOS 6 for Programmers: An App-Driven Approach
Dive Into iOS 6: An App-Driven Approach
Java How to Program, 9/e, Early Objects Version
Java for Programmers, 2/e
Java How to Program, 8/e, Early Objects Version
Java How to Program, 8/e, Late Objects Version
Java for Programmers
Java How to Program, 7/e
Java How to Program, 6/e
Simply Java Programming, 1/e
Small Java How to Program, 6/e
Java Web Services for Experienced Programmers, 1/e
Java How to Program, 5/e
Java Student Solutions Manual, 5/e
The Complete Java 2 Training Course, 5/e
Java in the Lab, 5/e
Java How to Program, 4/e
The Complete Java Training Course, 4/e
Java in the Lab, Java How to Program, 4/e
Java How to Program, 3/e
The Complete Java 2 Training Course, 3/e
Java How to Program, 2/e
The Complete Java Training Course, 2/e
Java How to Program With Intro to Visual J++, 1/e
Advanced Java 2 Platform How to Program, 1/e
Operating Systems, 3/e
Visual Basic 2010 How to Program
Visual Basic 2012 How to Program
Simply Visual Basic 2010
Visual Basic 2008 How to Program
Simply Visual Basic 2008, 3/e
Visual Basic 2005 for Programmers, 2/e
Visual Basic 2005 How to Program, 3/e
Simply Visual Basic 2005, 2/e
Simply Visual Basic .NET 2003, 1/e
Simply Visual Basic .NET, 1/e
Visual Basic. NET How to Program, 2/e
Visual Basic .NET for Experienced Programmers, 1/e
Visual Basic 6 How to Program, 1/e
XML How to Program, 1/e
CourseSmart Online Books for College Courses
Web 2 eBook
Dive Into Web 2.0 eBook Overview
Objectives and Outline
What Is Web 2.0
Rich Internet Applications (RIA)
Web Services, Mashups, Widgets, Gadgets
XML, RSS, Atom, JSON and VoIP
Web 2.0 Monetization Models
Web 2.0 Business Models
Future of the Web
Where to Go for More Web 2.0 Information
Web 2.0 Bibliography
Web 2.0 Glossary
About Internet & World Wide Web How to Program
Subscribe to the Deitel Buzz Online Newsletter
Free tutorials and articles
| Resource Centers >> Web 2.0 >> Mashups
Building mashups is one of the hottest topics of Web 2.0. The term mashup originated in the music world—a music mashup is a remix of two or more songs to create a new song. A web application mashup combines complementary functionality from multiple web sites, e.g., combining Google Maps with Craigslist apartment listings to display on a map all of the apartments for rent in a particular neighborhood. You can create powerful Web 2.0 mashup applications in hours or days, instead of months or years if you have to start from scratch.
Developers have created mashups using Web services and RSS/ATOM feeds from scores of popular Web sites including Amazon, Google, Microsoft, Yahoo!, FlickR, Del.icio.us, Salesforce.com and many more.
Our Mashups Resource Center focuses on the enormous amount of free mashups content available online. Start your search here for tutorials, documentation, books, articles, blogs, directories, tools, forums, etc., that will help you quickly develop mashup applications.
- Check out the newest and most popular mashups, including scores of Google Maps-based mashups showing you the locations of theaters, real estate for sale or rent, properties that have sold in your area, and even the locations of the public restrooms in San Francisco!
- Use a really cool Web 2.0 Mashup matrix tool with links to loads of mashups. For each of the sites listed, find the mashups that have been created with the other sites in the matrix.
- Search for mashups by type including mapping, photo, video, search, newsmashing, shopping, sports, travel, messaging, news, transit, real estate and more.
- Download the Web Services Mashup presentation from the O’Reilly ETech Conference.
- Read the Wikipedia article on mashups.
- Check out the FlickR APIs for adding photos to your applications, updating photos, replacing photos, example requests, and asynchronous uploading.
- Check out the article: "Building Mash-ups for Non-Programmers."
- Check out the Smashforce tool that enables Salesforce.com users to mashup applications such as Google Maps with their Multiforce and Sforce enterprise applications.
- Learn key mashups technologies
- Find mashup sites such as Givezilla, Podbop, and Strmz.
- Check out IBM's Enterprise Mashup Tool.
- Get a graphic of the mashup ecosystem.
- Check out the Virtual Earth mapping tool from MSN that combines local search and mapping.
- Use Technorati APIs to find all of the blogs that link to a specific Web site, search blogs for mentions of keywords, see which blogs are linked to a given blog and find blogs associated with a specific Web site.
- Use the Backpack API to help organize tasks and events, plan your schedule, collaborate with others, monitor your competitors online and more.
- Use TypeKey authentication services from Six Apart.
- Use PayPal for payment services.
- Use the Collaborative calendar API.
- Check out a mashup using Microsoft’s Virtual Earth mapping combined with FlickR photo-sharing to allow users to store and browse photos by geographic location.
- Install this mashup tool on your system—when it senses that you're browsing a book online, it pops up on your screen and allows you to quickly search online retailers to find the best price on the book.
- Use a Yahoo! Maps and event listings mashup to show you the location of events by date in a geographical area.
|A critical error has occurred.|
Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: String
|Related Resource Centers|