About Deitel & Associates, Inc.
Opportunities for Contract Trainers
Deitel Gear at CafePress.com
Course Catalog and Pricing
GSA Course Catalog and Pricing
C Programming Curriculum Overview
CPlusPlus Programming Curriculum Overview
Java Programming Curriculum Overview
Internet & Web Programming Curriculum Overview
iOS 6 App Development
Visual Basic Programming Curriculum Overview
Visual C# Programming Curriculum Overview
Visual C++ Programming Curriculum Overview
Self-Paced Training (DVD/Online)
Deitel LiveLessons Discounts on Udemy.com
LiveLessons Video-Based Training
Android for Programmers
Android How to Program
C How to Program, 7/e
C for Programmers with an Introduction to C11
C How to Program, 6/e
C How to Program, 5/e
C How to Program, 3/e
C How to Program, 2/e
C How to Program, 4/e
C++ How to Program, 9/e
C++11 for Programmers, 2/e
C++ for Programmers
C++ How to Program, 8/e, Early Objects Version
C++ How to Program, 7/e
C++ How to Program, Late Objects Version, 7/e
C++ How to Program, 6/e
Visual C++ 2008 How to Program, Second Edition
Small C++ How to Program, 5/e
Simply C++, 1/e
C++ How to Program, 5/e
C++ How to Program, 4/e
The Complete C++ Training Course, 4/e
C++ In the Lab, 4/e
C++ How to Program, 3/e
The Complete C++ Training Course, 3/e
C++ In the Lab, 3/e
C++ How to Program, 2/e
The Complete C++ Training Course, 2/e
Visual C++ .NET A Managed Code Approach, 1/e
Getting Started with Visual C++ 6, 1/e
Visual C++ .NET How to Program, 1/e
Visual C# 2012 How to Program
C# 2012 for Programmers
Visual C# 2010 How to Program
C# 2010 for Programmers, 4/e
Visual C# 2008 How to Program, 3/e
C# 2008 for Programmers, 3/e
Visual C# 2005 How to Program, 2/e
C# For Programmers, 2/e
Simply C#, 1/e
C# A Programmer's Introduction, 1/e
C# for Experienced Programmers, 1/e
C# How to Program, 1/e
Internet & World Wide Web How to Program, 5/e
Internet & World Wide Web How to Program, 4/e
Ajax, RIAs and Web Development for Programmers
Internet & World Wide Web How to Program, 3/e
Perl How to Program, 1/e
Python How to Program, 1/e
Web Services A Technical Introduction, 1/e
Internet & World Wide Web How to Program, 2/e
Internet & World Wide Web How to Program, 1/e
Wireless Internet & Mobile Business Training, 1/e
e-Business & e-Commerce Training Course, 1/e
Wireless Internet & Mobile Business How to Program
e-Business & e-Commerce How to Program, 1/e
e-Business & e-Commerce for Managers, 1/e
iPhone for Programmers: An-App Driven Approach
iOS 6 for Programmers: An App-Driven Approach
Dive Into iOS 6: An App-Driven Approach
Java How to Program, 9/e, Early Objects Version
Java for Programmers, 2/e
Java How to Program, 8/e, Early Objects Version
Java How to Program, 8/e, Late Objects Version
Java for Programmers
Java How to Program, 7/e
Java How to Program, 6/e
Simply Java Programming, 1/e
Small Java How to Program, 6/e
Java Web Services for Experienced Programmers, 1/e
Java How to Program, 5/e
Java Student Solutions Manual, 5/e
The Complete Java 2 Training Course, 5/e
Java in the Lab, 5/e
Java How to Program, 4/e
The Complete Java Training Course, 4/e
Java in the Lab, Java How to Program, 4/e
Java How to Program, 3/e
The Complete Java 2 Training Course, 3/e
Java How to Program, 2/e
The Complete Java Training Course, 2/e
Java How to Program With Intro to Visual J++, 1/e
Advanced Java 2 Platform How to Program, 1/e
Operating Systems, 3/e
Visual Basic 2010 How to Program
Visual Basic 2012 How to Program
Simply Visual Basic 2010
Visual Basic 2008 How to Program
Simply Visual Basic 2008, 3/e
Visual Basic 2005 for Programmers, 2/e
Visual Basic 2005 How to Program, 3/e
Simply Visual Basic 2005, 2/e
Simply Visual Basic .NET 2003, 1/e
Simply Visual Basic .NET, 1/e
Visual Basic. NET How to Program, 2/e
Visual Basic .NET for Experienced Programmers, 1/e
Visual Basic 6 How to Program, 1/e
XML How to Program, 1/e
CourseSmart Online Books for College Courses
Web 2 eBook
Dive Into Web 2.0 eBook Overview
Objectives and Outline
What Is Web 2.0
Rich Internet Applications (RIA)
Web Services, Mashups, Widgets, Gadgets
XML, RSS, Atom, JSON and VoIP
Web 2.0 Monetization Models
Web 2.0 Business Models
Future of the Web
Where to Go for More Web 2.0 Information
Web 2.0 Bibliography
Web 2.0 Glossary
About Internet & World Wide Web How to Program
Subscribe to the Deitel Buzz Online Newsletter
Free tutorials and articles
| Resource Centers >> Internet Business >> Sitemaps
Welcome to the Sitemap Resource Center. A site map (two words) is a web page with links to all of the pages on the website. It is organized in a hierarchical fashion and can be used by visitors to easily find pages on a website. A Sitemap (one word) is an XML or TEXT file that is submitted to search engines to help notify them of the pages on your site. There is currently an effort underway by Google, Microsoft and Yahoo to standardize sitemaps. Start your search here for sitemap (and site map) resources, including articles, tips, sitemap-generation tools, FAQs and more. Also check out our XML Resource Center. In the Sitemaps Resource Center you’ll find links to:
- The blog entry, "A Simple Guide to Sitemaps. Or Is That Site Maps?" by Brent Nau, that defines and explains the difference between the two terms, site map and Sitemap.
- Sitemaps.org—a site sponsored by Google, Yahoo, and Microsoft, to promote a common Sitemap standard.
- The article, "Google, Yahoo and Microsoft Agree to Standard Sitemaps Protocol" by Marshall Kirkpatrick.
- Sitemap tools including google-sitemap_gen, Simple Map, XML-Sitemaps, Site Map Pro, Sitemaps Pal, phpSitemapNG, XML-Echo Google Sitemap Generator, MyPagerank.net Google Sitemap Generator, MakeASitemap, GSiteCrawler, the Google Sitemap Generator from AuditMyPC.com, VIGOS Gsitemap, the Google Sitemaps Toolbox (GSToolbox), Sitemaps Direct, the XML-Sitemaps.com XML Sitemap Validator, the search engine optimization tool for Yahoo Sitemap feed generation and notification, and more.
- Google’s Webmaster Help Center page.
- The article, "Sitemaps–What are they? Why use them?"
- The article: "Sitemaps Improve Site Value," by Lisa Barone, a SEO copywriter at Bruce Clay, Inc. and search engine marketing columnist at SearchEngineGuide.com.
- The article, "Sitemaps–Uncover the Only Quick and Easy Site Submission Strategy," by Joe Borges.
- The article, "How to Get Found More Easily on Search Engines Using Sitemaps."
- The tutorial, "Introduction to XML: Creating a Google Sitemap," by Brian Getting.
- The tutorial, "Create a Google Sitemap for your Web Site," by Herman Drost.
- The Google Webmaster Tools instructions for using the Sitemap Generator.
- The article, "Google Sitemaps Protocol," that discusses the XML schema used in the Google Sitemap Protocol.
- The article, "Google Sitemaps Explained," by Titus Hoskins.
- The article, "Search Engine Optimization with Google Sitemaps," by Matthew Coers.
- The article, "Sitemaps 101—Back to SEO School," by Niall Roche.
- The article: "How Sitemaps Can Improve Your Search Engine Rankings," by Ross Dunn.
- The podcast, “Using Site Maps for Better Search Engine Results,” from Yaro Starak.
- Sitemap FAQs, forums and discussion groups.
- A video tutorial that demonstrates the creation of an XML sitemap using both the Google Sitemap Generator from AuditMyPC.com, and the Google (and Yahoo!) Sitemap Generator from GSiteCrawler.com.
- Several video tutorials that show you how to create a Google Sitemap and an XML Sitemap.
- And more…
|A critical error has occurred.|
Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: String
|Related Resource Centers|