(Both part of the Deitel Developer Series for professionals)
Paul J. Deitel, Harvey M. Deitel and Abbey Deitel
© 2016, ISBN: 0-13-408775-5
Teach Swift—Apple’s “language of the future” for iOS® and OS X® app development. Academic Bundle Includes:
- Swift for Programmers (print book)
- iOS® 8 for Programmers: An App-Driven Approach with Swift (print book)
- Access Code Card for Academic Package to accompany Swift for Programmers
- Access Code Card for Academic Package to accompany iOS® 8 for Programmers: An App-Driven Approach with Swift
Appropriate for upper-level electives in Swift and/or iOS 8 app development. This product is not for introductory CS1 courses.
Prerequisites: Programming experience with a C-based object-oriented language such as Java, C++, C# or Objective-C.
Swift for Programmers
- Teaches Apple’s new Swift programming language using the Deitel signature live-code approach—features numerous complete Swift programs with thousands of lines of proven code.
- Introduces Swift using an early classes and objects approach, then moves on to more advanced topics, including closures, tuples, arrays, dictionaries, stored and computed properties, initialization, deinitialization, structures, enumerations, inheritance, polymorphism, protocols, generics, operator overloading, optionals and optional chaining, extensions, patterns and more.
iOS 8® for Programmers: An App-Driven Approach with Swift
- We take a leadership role, teaching iOS 8 app development using Swift rather than Objective-C.
- Covers only the Swift language features needed to develop the seven complete iOS 8 apps in the book.
- The app-driven approach discusses each new technology in the context of a fully coded iOS 8 app, with syntax shading, detailed code walkthroughs and sample outputs.
- Chapter 9, App Store and App Business Issues, walks students through what makes a great app, the app submission process, marketing their apps and more.
Supplements Available with the Academic Bundle
The Access Code Cards for the Academic Packages include access to self-review questions (with answers), short-answer questions, programming exercises and projects, and selected videos.
For the Student
Access Code Cards provide online access to the Companion Website which includes:
- Student Exercises for Swift for Programmers
- Student Exercises for iOS® 8 for Programmers: An App-Driven Approach with Swift
- Source code and selected videos for the examples in both
For the Instructor
- Solutions Manuals with selected solutions to the student exercises, Test Item Files of multiple-choice questions (with answers) and PowerPoint® slides for both books.
Interested in Ordering the Books Separately?
Instructors may adopt the books and supplements separately using the following ISBNs:
- Swift for Programmers (professional print book only): ISBN: 0-13-402136-3
- Standalone access code card for Academic Package to accompany Swift™ for Programmers: ISBN: 0-13-405818-6
- iOS® 8 for Programmers: An App-Driven Approach with Swift (professional print book only): ISBN: 0-13-396526-0
- Standalone access code card for Academic Package to accompany iOS® 8 for Programmers: An App Driven Approach with Swift: ISBN: 0-13-405825-9