If you are having trouble installing Netbeans 6.5.1 on Windows 7, you might need to perform the following manual steps. Then you should be all set.
- Ensure that the JDK is already installed.
- If the installer is on a CD, Copy the EXE file for the Netbeans 6.5.1 installer onto your hard disk.
- Note the location of the installer.
- Open a Command Prompt running as administrator:
- Go to Start button > All Programs > Accessories
- Right click Command Prompt
- Select Run as administrator
- In the Command Prompt use the cd command to change to the directory containing the installer.
- Execute the following command to extract the contents of the installer: [Note: You might need to change the name of the installer to match the one you have.]
- Execute the following command to manually execute the installer:
java -jar bundle.jar
You will see rapid scrolling output in the Command Prompt window for a few moments, then the installer window will appear to begin the installation process.
Once Netbeans is installed on Windows 7, you may also need to run Netbeans as an Administrator--especially for database, web application and web services development, which each require server resources.