We wish to thank our many readers who took the time to email us with errata. If you find errata not listed on this page, please email us at email@example.com. Remember to include the book title and edition.
Note: You can determine which printing you have by looking at the bottom of the back of the second physical page in the book (page iv, but it has no page number). Just above the ISBN number is a list of numbers. For the first printing of the book, the list appears as follows:
10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
The last number in the list is the printing number. So the above list indicates printing 1 and the following list indicates printing 2:
10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2
- The URL given on the CD to download a 30-day trial version of Adobe Photoshop Elements has changed due to some site reorganization by Adobe. The new URL is http://www.adobe.com/products/tryadobe/download.jsp?ftpID=1915 We were unable to include the actual software on the CD shipped with the books due to Adobe’s software distribution policies.
- p. 262. Line 24 was changed from
document.writeln( "</tr></thead>" );
document.writeln( "</tr></thead><tbody>" );
- p. 262. Line 28 was changed from
document.writeln( "<tbody><tr><td>" + year +
document.writeln( "<tr><td>" + year +
NOTE: Based on the changes to page 262 above, there is a new code file to download (Interest.html) for Fig. 9.6. This file should replace the corresponding file in the Chapter 9 folder on the CD.
- p. 263. Modified third line from
"deposit and write the closing </tr> and </thead> tags."
"deposit, write the closing </tr> and </thead> tags and the opening <tbody> tag."
- p. 439. Delete lines 16 and 32 from Fig. 13.6. Those lines currently contain
var direction = 1; and direction = !direction;
NOTE: Based on the changes to page 439 above, there is a new code file to download (dynamicposition.html) for Fig. 13.6. This file should replace the corresponding file in the Chapter 13 folder on the CD.
- p. 440. First line of text below the figure caption. Change "23" to "22"
- p. 459. Fig. 14.5. In the description of "cancelBubble," first line: replace "false" with "true"
<form method = 'post' action = 'dynamicForm.php'>
(The F in dynamicForm.php should be capitalized to match the actual filename of the form.)
Download the corrected code file here.