Millions of students and professionals worldwide have learned programming and software development with Deitel® college textbooks and professional books, LiveLessons™ videos, e-books, REVEL™ interactive multimedia courses, online resource centers and instructor-led corporate training. Visual C# ®How to Program, 6/e provides a clear, simple, engaging and entertaining introduction to Microsoft® Visual C# programming with Windows®.
- Integrated coverage of new C# 6 functionality.
- Rich coverage of programming fundamentals.
- Use as appropriate with Windows 7, 8 or 10.
- A clear, example-driven presentation of classes, objects, inheritance, polymorphism and interfaces.
- Early introduction to LINQ and generic collections.
- PLINQ (Parallel LINQ) for multicore performance.
- Asynchronous Programming with async and await.
- Functional programming with lambdas and delegates.
- Immutability, files, database with LINQ to Entities.
- Visual C# debugging, integrated exception handling.
- Extensive treatment of Windows Forms GUI.
- Online coverage of Universal Windows Platform(UWP) GUI for desktop and mobile apps.
- The printed book contains the core content (Chapters 1–23) for introductory course sequences.
- Additional online content for more advanced courses: ASP.NET web app development; XML and LINQ to XML; Building a Microsoft Azure™ Cloud Computing App; Web Services and ATM OOD case study.